Pear Deck's Flashcard Factory

A mashup between Pear Deck and Quizlet.. yup.  I am totally nerding out about this.  I was fortunate to get early access to Flashcard Factory and used it immediately with my students. and they LOVED it!

So, our first go around wasn't without a few little hiccups.  Being so early in the school year we haven't really dug deep into content yet, and the vocabulary words I picked probably weren't best suited for this activity.  They students caught on quick though and were really able to pull out some creative ideas.





Flash Forward to the end of the first quarter.

My students are still in LOVE, and so am I.  They are eager for the opportunity to use Flashcard Factory and get excited at the thought.

Some things I have changed up...

1. I don't always provide the definition, instead I ask the students to provide their definition when prompted for an example. This helps to see if students understand the word and can come up with the definition.

2. Depending where we are with the vocabulary or the lesson students are sometimes able to use resources, whether it is another tab on their Chromebook or their textbook.

3. Frequency.... I don't want to over use this, finding a way that it smoothly fits in is important to my classroom flow.  I want the full effect when it gets used, and keep the students enthused with its awesomeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try-a-box Strictly Briks

Orb Slime Time thanks to Tryazon

Electrifying Circuits