Ozobot Evos...Tiny Robot, So Many Possibilities

I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to try out Ozobot Evos thanks to #Tryazon.

These little robots are AWESOME!  Their sensors will follow lines, and you can program them based on the patterns that you draw.  It is literally so easy my three year old can do it!  Of course when it comes to programming there is sometimes things you have to debug.  When the lines are too thin, or the corner is too sharp things don't work out the way you might have planned.  What an AWESOME learning opportunity.

To be fair we already had the Ozobot Bit before we received these awesome Evos.  My boys LOVED the bit.  It was interactive, fun, allowed for discovery, all in all a GREAT product.

Then along came the Evo into our lives.  AMAZING!  These are so cool.  So you have the same basic features of the Bit but then.... da da duh... it interacts via bluetooth with the Evo App.... whole new level of cool.

So, while my personal children, mostly the six year old, has dabbled with block coding, we didn't venture too far into this realm.  We didn't need to.  Drive allows the user to drive the Ozobot or Ozobots like a remote controlled car.  It allows you to change certain variables and ends up being a lot of FUN.  So much fun that only having one tablet was a mistake, because while my six year old was driving, my three year old was wishing he was.


Then I brought these tiny amazing things to school.  My fifth graders loved them!  We started with the basic color based coding and have grown from there. I'll post more as we continue to discover, and explore in our classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try-a-box Strictly Briks

Orb Slime Time thanks to Tryazon

Melrose Rocks Continued